Cast your vote! 2016 Global Talent Search Public Voting is now open! Vote now and help launch an artist’s career.
We’re incredibly excited to unveil the online gallery of the submissions for the second assignment of the 2016 Global Talent Search! We’d love you to vote for your top five favorites.
The 50 Semi-Finalists were announced two weeks ago and then were given Assignment #2 to challenge them further. They’ve just finished the assignment, and now you get to vote on your choices. At the same time, our esteemed panel of VIP judges will also go in and privately select their top favorites.
“Sunny” checking out a London café
In the second assignment we continue the adventure of our fictional character, ‘Sunny Spindler’ (played by our own marketing director, Reine Sloan) who visits a café to discuss the cover of her cookbook with her editor. Our 50 semi-finalists have accepted the challenge to design the cookbook cover, and now you can see the brilliance that they’ve submitted, here.
Why did I create this particular assignment for the second round?
Because it’s open enough to allow each artist to show off their style. There’s a lot of latitude here. They may elect to draw a scene or choose to do a more heavily designed cover.
I want their styles to shine. Here are the tips that I gave the Semi-Finalists
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Show off what you do best. That’s what I want to see. I want you to do your best. Look over your existing work and analyze what makes you shine.
- Ask yourself if your idea for a cover is what you would love to buy. Have fun with this! We’d love to see what you do in your style. Trust your taste level. Don’t “dumb down”. The judges look for sophisticated styles.
- Have fun! People buy your joy. Let your passion for what you want to draw lead the way for you.
- Rather than trying to guess what I’m looking for, do what makes you shine. You definitely do NOT need to do a style that you see on our site. We are looking for fresh talent.
- Of course you’re nervous! That’s because you care. But remember that you got this far, and so you’ve got what it takes to do this assignment. It’s a very open one, with room for you to do what you love.
The artists are encouraged to be themselves with a vengeance and create art with personality.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
The person with the most votes when the gallery closes at 9am PT / 12 noon EST / 5pm BST/UK on Monday, September 5th will go through to the Final as The People’s Choice. These six Finalists will then get my final assignment.
The winner of this competition will sign with Lilla Rogers Studio for representation and win a host of licensing deals and professional development opportunities, so this is your chance to contribute to a LIFE-CHANGING OPPORTUNITY for one artist.
After you have voted, upload this photo to Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #iVotedGlobalTalentSearch so we can share the fun!
Lilla, Beth and the Studio Ladies
PS Can I tell you how out-of-our-minds excited we are here at the Studio? Who will be our next stellar artist?
Would you like to Make Art That Sells?
We have the following courses currently open for registration HERE!
Do you dream of illustrating a children’s book? Would you love to create a magical world with characters that you’ve designed? Do you love the magic of children’s books and feel that you have something to offer? Then this course is for you.
In five weeks, you’ll create a brilliant children’s book pitch to help you land your dream children’s book gig. You’ll get over 20 videos, weekly assignments, live weekly video reviews, interviews with publishers and illustrators and more. Co-taught by top art agent Lilla Rogers and highly-respected children’s book art director Zoe Tucker.
Spaces are limited for our first session of class this October. Don’t miss out. REGISTER HERE