Yippie! Class starts today! Join us here and begin making your best art ever. Get your first mini assignment. Don’t miss out!
Here is a little peek into the online classroom where all the magic happens!
Here’s what you get with MATS: Creating Collections for Home Décor:
// Core contents
- Five intense weeks of class, with daily posts to push you and your creative career forward
- Five in-depth videos featuring Margo Tantau and Lilla Rogers, providing insight into how to take your art from 2D to 3D products made from the five most popular materials for home décor – metal, fabric, glass, ceramics and wood/MDF.
- Advice on pitching full collections of product concepts to top art directors. This includes tips on opportunities, constraints, what sells and who buys.
- Three trend boards provided by a working art director
- A Trend Board Analysis worksheet to help you better understand and utilize the trend boards
// Exercises & reviews
- Five mini exercises and five professional-level assignments, for creating portfolio pieces featuring products made from metal, fabric, glass, ceramics and wood/MDF. By the end of the course you will have a full templated commercial collection of home decor products across five different materials, ready to send to clients.
- Weekly reviews every week of class, where you have the chance to get your work in front of a top art agent and top art director. This is an unprecedented opportunity to get feedback in a supportive and constructive way from working professionals at the top of their game*.
(*Please note that only a handful of pieces will be selected for review each week and there is no guarantee that your individual work will be selected for review, but review videos will be shared with all of class and you can learn a huge amount from seeing other people’s work reviewed)
// Resources & support
- Sample product templates for all materials
- A full set of finishing notes for each material to increase the perceived value of your offering.
- The opportunity to ask Margo Tantau and Lilla Rogers anything you like during the five weeks of class
- Business development and marketing advice
- Access to a private community of fellow artists
Designed in class by artist Marenthe
Designed in class by artist Bec Williams
Designed in class by artist Zoe Ingram