MATS Portfolio Review Live
*New!* June 2018
Have you always wanted to see how a top agent reviews a portfolio? From over 30 years in the business, Lilla has boatloads of wisdom to share.
* excluding sales tax which will be added at checkout depending on your country of residence.
*Jun 4-29, 2018 (four weeks, one review per week)
**All USD values are approximate
FOR ALL LEVELS
This course is a series of four one-hour long LIVE website/ Instagram reviews from top art agent Lilla Rogers! Get the expert’s view on what works and how to make your portfolio attract the jobs you want!
In this lively new 4-week course, each week Lilla Rogers will review a randomly selected artist’s website in an hour-long in-depth LIVE portfolio review on Facebook Live. The participant will be chosen at random each week, and it could be YOU! In addition, Lilla will offer tons of advice to help you succeed in your career. You never know what will happen in each review as they are live and unscripted.
Where will this take place?
The reviews will be done via weekly Facebook Lives in a private Facebook group for all registered students, so whether or not your portfolio is featured, you will learn a ton about how to make yours better. The videos will also be saved and shared in a private, password-protected classroom for all students to access after the live broadcasts.
Is it interactive?
Yes! You’ll be able to interact with Lilla each week via comments. she’ll provide her fabulous expertise on a new student portfolio each week!
Lilla will offer insight and supportive, non-critical suggestions such as:
- How to shine in your own unique way and stand out from the competition
- How to make a killer first impression (it’s easier you think!)
- Ways to make your site attract the kinds of fabulous jobs you want
- What’s working brilliantly and concrete tips to make it even stronger (Lilla does this in a kind and supportive way!)
- How to make a homepage that sells the art director or agent on your awesomeness and makes them want to see more
- How to organize your website for an art director’s ease of use so they can find what they need
- How many pieces are good to show—how to sell the story of what your style is and if you’re showing too many or too few pieces
- Whether you should have two websites or should you put everything on one site
- Why it’s ok to show your hobbies, crafts and other interests, and where to put them
- What things art directors and agents dislike on a website
- What to include on your ‘About’ page—some surprising things you may not have thought of!
…And Lilla may even do a fun and insightful Career Tarot for the selected artist!
What if I can’t watch live?
No problem! Students can watch a recording afterward in our private Facebook class page and in a bespoke, private password-protected classroom on www.makeartthatsells.com. Note that the times of the live broadcasts will vary each week to account for different time zones.
How do I get my portfolio reviewed by Lilla?
Lilla will hold a brief guessing game at the start of each weekly video review. You can join in if you would like to possibly be chosen for the review. The winner of the guessing game will have their art reviewed live in the course. One portfolio will be featured in each weekly Portfolio Review, but all participants will have access to view them and benefit from Lilla’s insight.
What will be reviewed?
Lilla will review your website and your Instagram feed. Only have one or the other? That’s ok. She’ll review either one.
What if I’m not ready to have my art reviewed?
No problem! You can still take this course & just simply don’t enter the guessing game at the start of each Facebook Live. Then, just watch and learn all you can. However, Lilla’s reviewing style is very supportive and will leave the reviewed artist feeling empowered and motivated, so don’t be afraid to enter.
This is for you if:
- You want to see how an expert views and assesses portfolios so you can improve your own
- You want to get real actionable tips on how to improve a portfolio
- You want the chance to have your own portfolio reviewed by one of the world’s top art agents
- You appreciate that there is a ton you can learn from seeing other people’s websites, social media feeds and online portfolios reviewed
This course includes:
- Access to four hour-long in-depth portfolio reviews by Lilla Rogers delivered via weekly interactive Facebook Live sessions where you can comment (you can join live or watch a reply later) plus the recording of each live review
- The possibility of having your portfolio featured in one of the live reviews
- Access to a private Facebook of other artists from around the world, to connect and share
If you have a question about Make Art That Sells please check these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) first. If you do not find an answer to your question here please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
I’ve never taken an online class before. How does it work? Do I need to be at my computer at a certain time? This course happens in a private Facebook group via Facebook live at pre-set dates & times. You will also have access to supplementary materials in the My Account section of www.makeartthatsells.com. The sessions can be attended live, however, they will be saved for replay at any time after taking place, so you can replay at your convenience. The beauty of an online course is that you can check in whenever you like and do not need to be online at a specific time as the content will be available 24/7, so it does not matter what time zone you are in. The community space will remain open indefinitely.
What format is the class taught in? The class is taught using live video, using Facebook Live within a private Facebook Group for all registered students. You are welcome to share questions, your portfolio details and comments within the private Facebook community. All recordings will also be posted on a private class page which you will have access, so you can benefit even if you are not on Facebook. However, you will only be able to participate in the live element if you are in the Facebook group.
Can I watch on my phone/tablet? MATS Portfolio Review Live is best viewed on a desktop or laptop so you can see the details in Lilla’s reviews.
Can I get feedback from Lilla on my work? Lilla will only be reviewing four portfolios within this course, so participation does not guarantee that your portfolio will be reviewed. Please check out our other classes where Lilla offers weekly reviews on many pieces of work.
How much time will the class take? Live review videos will be done every week for four weeks. Each review will last approximately one hour and will be jam-packed with juicy information. The Facebook Group will remain open indefinitely after the course has ended.
Does it matter what order I take the courses in?
All of the MATS courses are unique & designed to be taken in any order you choose. You can take each course individually or take them all to put a rocket under your creative career!
How do I choose which course is right for me?
If you are looking to learn what art directors look for in each market and how to go about creating work they might, you need MATS A/B, if you want to have assignments to prompt your work, Bootcamp is also for you. If you are specifically looking to break into the Home Decor market, you might want MATS Creating Collections for Home Decor, which is presented in collaboration with top art director Margo Tantau. If you’ve always dreamed of illustrating children’s books, be sure to check out Illustrating Children’s Books which is a collaboration with top children’s book art director Zoë Tucker.
If you take all the MATS courses, you’ll have a ton of pretty terrific portfolio pieces.
I am not a digital artist. Is this course for me? Yes! Lilla represents artists who use digital, traditional, or both media. The MATS courses are definitely not just for people digital artists.
Will I be able to communicate with others in the class? Yes, you will be able to communicate via comments in the private online community provided on Facebook.
Will the Facebook group and videos be available after the class has ended? Yes! You will have access to the page of recorded videos for six months after class ends, and the Facebook group will remain open indefinitely.
How much is it and how do I register? The course cost is displayed under the course title. Click “Add to cart” to register. If a course is not yet on sale, click “Join waiting list” and we will be in touch to let you know when the next course is on sale.
I see the prices are given in GBP (British pounds). Can I pay in another currency? Absolutely! We have students from all over the world! All payments are made via PayPal and courses are priced in GBP £ as we are headquartered in the UK. Any approximate $ equivalents given are for reference only. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate– so if you have a USD$ bank account the funds will be removed in USD$. The local currency equivalent should be displayed on your screen before the transaction is completed.
What payment methods do you accept? We process all our payments with PayPal, a safe and secure way of sending money online. If you do not have a PayPal account you can sign in as a PayPal guest and pay via credit or debit card. All class fees are in GBP (British pounds) but you will automatically be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate valid at the point you sign up.
I don’t live in the USA. Is this course relevant for me? Lilla Rogers represents artists internationally and has lots of international clients. Although the main buyers for art in the markets covered are in the US as it’s the largest and most lucrative market, much of the content is relevant for you wherever in the world you are, especially if you are interested in selling your work internationally. And because everything is made available to you online, it does not matter what time zone you are in.
How are MATS courses different from Lilla’s book? Lilla’s book ‘I Just Like To Make Things’ is a fantastic resource and is highly recommended as a companion to the e-course. Being spiral bound you can draw and journal in it. Full of annotated visuals, it provides insights into a variety of art and craft markets. However, this course goes into much more depth about exactly what art directors are looking for when buying art in each of the ten most lucrative markets and takes you step-by-step through building portfolio pieces for each market. It also provides new and exclusive interviews with key market experts and gives you the opportunity to get your art in front of Lilla as well as become part of a community. While Lilla’s book is very motivating, the MATS courses provide excellent assignments, structure, trend, and motivation to help you create art for your portfolio.
Is the course just for women? Not at all! Everyone is welcome. Join us!
By registering for any of the Make Art That Sells classes and participating in any of the Make Art That Sells community areas, please be aware you are agreeing to the following Terms & Conditions:
- You acknowledge that your work will only get viewed by Lilla if you submit your assignment(s) as directed when any given class is live. You also acknowledge that although Lilla will view every piece of work submitted and provide general feedback to class during any live courses, and that only a handful of pieces will be chosen each week for specific critique (which will be shared with the class), and there is no guarantee that you will receive personal critique from Lilla during the course. Furthermore, you acknowledge that there is no feedback from Lilla Rogers offered in any course which is not live.
- You agree that Make Art That Sells may give permission to select art directors to view the finished works submitted for critique in MATS A/B/Home Décor/Lilla’s Art Recipes: Drawing Faces. Should they be interested in working with you, Make Art That Sells will put you in contact and you can continue your discussions directly.
- You give permission for Make Art That Sells to use any images you submit for critique in any class, or share in the class community area, to be included in any future class-related marketing or promotional strategies, online or offline. You will always be credited and will retain the rights to your work.
- You agree to the class Ground Rules which are as follows: (i) Stay open (ii) Be positive (iii) No negative critique of others (iv) No excuses are necessary. If you miss a deadline for submitting your assignment that is fine, but the entire class does not need to know the reasons for that.
- You acknowledge that Make Art That Sells and Do What You Love Ltd are the owner(s) or licensee(s) of all intellectual property rights in the site and the digital products you purchase, including any databases that hold relevant information about the site and its products. They are protected by copyright or trademark registration and you may only use any of the digital products in line with these terms.
- You acknowledge that all of the digital products that are available for sale on our site are owned or controlled by our licensors, or us. Upon payment of the price for any of these digital products, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the digital products for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You agree that you shall not redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, commercially exploit, broadcast, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license, rent, share, lend, or transfer any digital products that you purchase through this site, or any of the contents delivered via Facebook Live or within our private communities.
- You acknowledge that Make Art That Sells reserves the right to delete any inappropriate comments in the classroom or any of the class-related community spaces, in order to provide and maintain a supportive classroom environment.
- You confirm that you are purchasing a single license for this course for your individual use only. To enquire about educational/corporate rates (for official groups of 10 or more) please send an email to hello [at] makeartthatsells.com.
- You acknowledge that Lilla Rogers Studio/Make Art That Sells reserves the right to replace any advertised content with alternative content of an equivalent value without notice
- You acknowledge that all sales are final and no refunds will be given before, during or after class.
- You acknowledge that, if paying in installments, no part-payments will be refunded should you cancel your place before class begins.
- All courses are priced in GBP £. Any approximate $ equivalents given are for reference only. When paying by PayPal, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate.
- You give permission for your email address to be added to the mailing lists of Lilla Rogers Studio, Make Art That Sells and Do What You Love. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
All of the MATS Portfolio Review Live lessons are delivered online in a private password-protected classroom. We do not deliver physical products in the post. Our online communities are offered via individual Facebook groups, to which you can request access, which will be granted once your enrolment has been confirmed. You can access the private classroom for your course via the Account section of this website, on or after the advertised start date of the course. For self-paced classes, you can access the private classroom via the Account section of this website, as soon as your purchase is complete.
Make Art That Sells reserves the right to change the time of any advertised Live Review without notice, for any reason whatsoever. If you have any issues accessing classrooms you can contact us at [email protected] where we will always endeavor to respond within 72 hours.
Make Art That Sells, 2017
Want to know more? Use the tabs at the top of this page to find out more.