Lilla’s Art Recipes: Drawing Faces 2023
FOR ALL LEVELS
Fall in love with drawing in this popular online course!
Want to find out more? Just scroll down!
*USD values are approximate
lilla’s Art recipes: drawing faces
Whether you doodle for fun or are a busy working artist, the ability to draw faces is fun and Lilla shows you how in this class.
‘Drawing Faces’ is the first in a series of art courses known as ‘Lilla’s Art Recipes’. In response to popular demand from artists and non-artists across the world, top illustrator and art agent Lilla Rogers has cooked up all sorts of creative goodness to help you grow your art, try new things, do more personal work and get better at the art you love.
Just some of Lilla’s cool props from over 40 years of collecting, including African masks, vintage dolls and more, which keep the course interesting and engaging. Lilla will help you see faces in a completely new way – there’s no other class like this!
With Lilla’s playful and magical teaching style, you’ll surprise yourself with all the coolness you create. Lilla breaks down the process of drawing faces in a series of 5 videos which include demonstrations, drawing African masks and folk-art dolls, special art recipes, and tons more! And she teaches all of this in the unique and lively way that only Lilla can.
Even if you’ve struggled with faces, Lilla has a knack for simplifying the complex. From years of being an illustrator, she boils it down and her teaching style makes it easy! Here, she’s showing you how to easily change the eyes to create strong expressions.
In ‘Drawing Faces’ Lilla will show you the key ingredients showing how to draw faces so you can draw with more confidence while accessing your own quirky uniqueness. Whether you are a freshly baked beginner, or a seasoned professional looking to expand your illustration career, you will love this course.
This course is for you if:
- You want to learn how to draw faces with confidence and ease
- You want new to be inspired artistically
- You want new ways to grow your style
- You know that if you can draw faces you will have access to many more potential gigs and clients, such as children’s book illustration
- You loved taking Lilla’s other classes and you want more!
- You want to see Lilla do drawing demos!
- You want to draw with your kids!
- You want to travel the world and draw people in cafes!
- You want to have some fun!
This course is also fantastic preparation for our other MATS courses, especially Illustrating Children’s Books, because she teaches you the secrets of drawing children: it’s easier than you may think!
Children’s faces by Benedicte Galichet
Join us! Sign up now!
This course is instant-access and is made up of five sections:
PART 1: Trace the Face
PART 2: Style Mashup Recipes
PART 3: Eyes Made Easy
PART 4: Drawing Children Recipe
PART 5: Face Card Game
Each section includes a teaching video from Lilla Rogers, plus a ‘recipe’ (assignment) for you to try out.
You also get access to:
- A gallery to upload and share your work
- A private Facebook group to connect with other artists
- Lilla’s ingredients for cooking up great new art!
Join the class! Sign up now!
If you have a question about Make Art That Sells please check these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) first. If you do not find an answer to your question here please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
What level is this?
Truly for all levels – from the experienced professional artist to the mom or dad that just wants to draw with their kids. It has been successfully tested on both pros and non-professional artist moms!
Do I need to have experience of drawing?
No! Wherever you are starting from, this will take your drawing to the next level. You will be thrilled with the rapid improvement and immediate burst in confidence.
How long will it take?
The course is comprised of five 20-40 minute videos to watch and follow along. You can draw as you go and pause as needed, or watch them all in one go and then start drawing. It’s entirely up to you!
Can I access MATS courses from any device? Yes, you can access MATS courses from any device once registered, but we strongly recommend viewing our courses on a desktop or laptop for the best user experience. We pack lots of information and visuals into our courses and they are best viewed on larger screens.
What materials will I need? You’ll receive a materials list put together by Lilla which will be provided in advance. The materials list consists of only a few inexpensive art supplies.
When can I get access to the course?
This is a self-paced course. You will get instant access in your account after purchase.
Is there a community for this course?
Yes, there is a private Facebook group where you can connect with other artists and share your inspiration and works-in-progress. Please note that there is no teaching in this Facebook group.
Can I get feedback from Lilla on my drawings?
This course is a self-paced course with no live interaction from Lilla. If you want the chance for your work to be seen by Lilla, please join one of our live courses .
Can I share my work?
Yes, absolutely! You will be able to upload it to an online gallery which will be visible to others. You can also share on social media using the hashtag #LillasArtRecipes. It’s going to be so exciting to see everyone’s work!
Do I have to have taken any other MATS courses?
No, but this will be a great complement to any other MATS courses.
Is this new material or has it been covered in other MATS courses?
This is a course with original content. Lilla previously did live reviews on Periscope for over a year, to an audience of 20,000+ followers! We’ve taken that demand & turned it into a self-paced course. However, if you are interested in character development you should definitely take Illustrating Children’s Books.
I’ve never taken an online class before. How does it work? Do I need to be at my computer at a certain time? The course happens in a password-protected private classroom right here on this site. It is self-paced, so as soon as you register you will have access to the course(s) you purchase, via your account on this site. The beauty of an online course is that you can check in whenever you like and do not need to be online at a specific time as the content will be available 24/7, so it does not matter what time zone you are in. You can log on every day if you choose, or set aside some time once or twice a week to work through it. There will also be a private community space where you can connect with others and share images of your work. You will have access to the classroom until January 31, 2024, so you have plenty of time to go back through everything at your own pace. The community space will remain open indefinitely.
What format is the class taught in? The class is taught using video. Everything is made available in a bespoke, password-protected private classroom.
Does it matter what order I take the courses in? All of the MATS courses are unique & designed to be taken in any order you choose. You can take each course individually or take them all to put a rocket under your creative career! If you take all the MATS courses, you’ll have a ton of pretty terrific portfolio pieces.
How much is it and how do I register? The course cost is displayed under the course title. Click “Add to cart” to register. If a course is not yet on sale, click “Join waiting list” and we will be in touch to let you know when the next course is on sale.
I see the prices are given in GBP (British pounds). Can I pay in another currency? Absolutely! We have students from all over the world! All payments are made via PayPal and courses are priced in GBP £ as we are headquartered in the UK. Any approximate $ equivalents given are for reference only. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate– so if you have a USD$ bank account the funds will be removed in USD$. The local currency equivalent should be displayed on your screen before the transaction is completed.
What payment methods do you accept? We process all our payments with PayPal, a safe and secure way of sending money online. If you do not have a PayPal account you can sign in as a PayPal guest and pay via credit or debit card. All class fees are in GBP (British pounds) but you will automatically be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate valid at the point you sign up.
I don’t live in the USA. Is this course relevant for me? Lilla Rogers represents artists internationally and has lots of international clients. Although the main buyers for art in the markets covered are in the US as it’s the largest & most lucrative market, much of the content is relevant for you wherever in the world you are, especially if you are interested in selling your work internationally. And because everything is made available to you online, it does not matter what time zone you are in.
How are the MATS courses different from Lilla’s book? Lilla’s book ‘I Just Like To Make Things’ is a fantastic resource and is highly recommended as a companion to the e-course. Being spiral bound you can draw and journal in it. Full of annotated visuals, it provides insights into a variety of art and craft markets. However, this course goes into much more depth about exactly what art directors are looking for when buying art in each of the ten most lucrative markets and takes you step-by-step through building portfolio pieces for each market. It also provides new and exclusive interviews with key market experts and gives you the opportunity to get your art in front of Lilla as well as become part of a community. While Lilla’s book is very motivating, the MATS courses provide excellent assignments, structure, trend and motivation to help you create art for your portfolio.
Is the course just for women? Not at all! Everyone is welcome. Join us!
Get Lilla’s hints and tips on how to build your faces and characters. Broken down into easy steps, the course will boost your work and your portfolio!
Sign up here
By registering for any of the Make Art That Sells classes and participating in any of the Make Art That Sells community areas, please be aware you are agreeing to the following Terms & Conditions:
- You acknowledge that your work will only get viewed by Lilla if you submit your assignment(s) as directed when any given class is live. You also acknowledge that although Lilla will view every piece of work submitted and provide general feedback to class during any live courses, and that only a handful of pieces will be chosen each week for specific critique (which will be shared with the class), and there is no guarantee that you will receive personal critique from Lilla during the course. Furthermore, you acknowledge that there is no feedback from Lilla Rogers offered in any course which is not live.
- You agree that Make Art That Sells may give permission to select art directors to view the finished works submitted for critique in MATS A/B/Home Décor/Lilla’s Art Recipes: Drawing Faces. Should they be interested in working with you, Make Art That Sells will put you in contact and you can continue your discussions directly.
- You give permission for Make Art That Sells to use any images you submit for critique in any class, or share in the class community area, to be included in any future class-related marketing or promotional strategies, online or offline. You will always be credited and will retain the rights to your work.
- You agree to the class Ground Rules which are as follows: (i) Stay open (ii) Be positive (iii) No negative critique of others (iv) No excuses are necessary. If you miss a deadline for submitting your assignment that is fine, but the entire class does not need to know the reasons for that.
- You acknowledge that Make Art That Sells and Do What You Love Ltd are the owner(s) or licensee(s) of all intellectual property rights in the site and the digital products you purchase, including any databases that hold relevant information about the site and its products. They are protected by copyright or trademark registration and you may only use any of the digital products in line with these terms.
- You acknowledge that all of the digital products that are available for sale on our site are owned or controlled by our licensors, or us. Upon payment of the price for any of these digital products, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the digital products for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You agree that you shall not redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, commercially exploit, broadcast, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license, rent, share, lend, or transfer any digital products that you purchase through this site, or any of the contents delivered via Facebook Live or within our private communities.
- You acknowledge that Make Art That Sells reserves the right to delete any inappropriate comments in the classroom or any of the class-related community spaces, in order to provide and maintain a supportive classroom environment.
- You confirm that you are purchasing a single license for this course for your individual use only. To enquire about educational/corporate rates (for official groups of 10 or more) please send an email to hello [at] makeartthatsells.com.
- You acknowledge that Lilla Rogers Studio/Make Art That Sells reserves the right to replace any advertised content with alternative content of an equivalent value without notice
- You acknowledge that all sales are final and no refunds will be given before, during or after class.
- You acknowledge that, if paying in installments, no part-payments will be refunded should you cancel your place before class begins.
- All courses are priced in GBP £. Any approximate $ equivalents given are for reference only. When paying by PayPal, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing PayPal exchange rate.
- You give permission for your email address to be added to the mailing lists of Lilla Rogers Studio, Make Art That Sells and Do What You Love. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
All of the MATS Lilla’s Art Recipes: Drawing Faces lessons are delivered online in a private password-protected classroom. We do not deliver physical products in the post. Our online communities are offered via individual Facebook groups, to which you can request access, which will be granted once your enrolment has been confirmed. You can access the private classroom for your course via the Account section of this website, on or after the advertised start date of the course. For self-paced classes you can access the private classroom via the Account section of this website, as soon as your purchase is complete.
Make Art That Sells reserves the right to change the time of any advertised Live Review without notice, for any reason whatsoever. If you have any issues accessing classrooms you can contact us at [email protected] where we will always endeavour to respond within 72 hours.
You can view our full detailed terms & conditions here: https://makeartthatsells.com/terms-conditions/
Make Art That Sells, 2022