Announcing the 50 Semi-Finalists in our 2016 Global Talent Search!
Semi-Finalists, Feel Free To Share This Banner on your blog and social media
TOP 50 who go through to round #2 (alphabetical by first name)
Abby Bunnell, Allistair Burt, Anette Heiberg, Anna Berger, Anne Bentley, Bec Williams, Colee Wilkinson, Dana Tanasa, Daniela De Marco, Diane Neukirch, Elizabeth Munro, Elizabeth Wood, Emily Jepps, Emma McGowan, Eva Zurita, Gill Bond, Heidi Griffiths, Jess Racklyeft, Juliet James, Katherine Quinn, Kimberly Carter, Laurence Lavallee, Lee Foster-Wilson, Lisa Kirkbride, Mara Penny, Marenthe Otten, Marieke Middendorp, Meghann Rader, Michele Phillips, Michelle Brown, Neryl, Walker, Nicole LaRue, Paloma Pedrera Martinez, Portia Monberg, Rachel Grant, Sandrine Monnier, Sarah Allen, Sarah Papworth, Sarah Hand, Sharon Montgomery, Sofia Moore, Stephanie Hofmann,, Susan Spiers, Susan Evenson, Tatiana Von Beelen, Tatjana Mai-wyss, Terri Kasuba, Tina Loeffler, Trisha Klempel, Youngsun Kim.
VIEW OUR SEMI-FINALIST GALLERY HERE
Honorable Mention Winners, Feel Free To Share This Banner on your blog and social media
As you can imagine, it was incredibly hard to narrow the entries down to 50. There were a number of entries that came very close. So this year, we thought it would be nice to let those folks know. We hope that gives them a boost of confidence!
These are the 33 Honorable Mentions (alphabetical by first name)
Q: Lilla, how did your team select the 50 semi-finalists out of the boatload of incredible submissions?
A: First and foremost, we asked ourselves, would we love to represent this look? On a gut level, is this a style we are infatuated with?
Q: Were there specific criteria?
A: We considered the following in selecting the 50 semi-finalists
- Will this style get lots of work with our outstanding clients?
- Does the art stand out from the crowd? Do you get a sense of a well-formed and unique style?
- Did the artist give 110%? Is the entire image loaded with goodness?
- Do we see fluent drawing ability?
- Is the color palette and the overall composition of the piece consistent and at a high level?
Why is the important to our clients?
It allows the agency to continue to deliver the freshest and best work in the industry along with our list of stellar artists. We are the place to find the newest and greatest talent from all over the world.
What’s next for the semi-finalists?
- The 50 semi-finalists have been notified today that they are, in fact, the 50 semi-finalists. You know they are going to be over the moon! (To all those that did not make it into this round, I want to assure you that I could not select all the qualified candidates.)
- They will receive their second assignment today as well, which is a continuation of the story of our main character, Sunny Spindler, played by our own Reine Sloan! The purpose of a narrative is to help the artist engage with the subject matter and demographic.
- The second assignments are due Monday, August 29th.
- Our panel of 20 top industry judges will privately select their favorites based on their highly regarded expertise.
- The Public Gallery opens for live voting for the People’s Choice on Wednesday, August 31st and runs through Monday, September 5th. Here’s your chance to vote!
- We announce the six Finalists on Wednesday, September 7th.
- The winner is announced Wednesday, September 28th and their amazing full-time career as a represented artist begins!
The People’s Choice begins August 31st
Remember, you can cast your vote for your favorite image on Wednesday, August 31st through Monday, September 5th. Watch for our newsletter for more details.
Follow along as the contestants share on Instagram #globaltalentsearch.
We are honored that such outstanding talent has participated in our annual Search!
Lilla, Beth, and the Studio Ladies
Lilla Rogers Studio